This website is operated by Used Shelving Superstore LTD (“Shelving Superstore”, "we" or "us"). We are committed to protecting your privacy and we comply with data protection laws applicable to the United Kingdom.
· Visitors to our website
· Customers who purchase goods or services or create an account with us
· Our suppliers
Personal information is any information relating to an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly, often by name, account number, location, an online identifier or other factors specific to their identity
Personal information may include “special category data” relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health and criminal records and allegations.
As a rule, we do not collect “special category data” about visitors to our website or our customers or suppliers. The exception is where we identify suspected criminal activity such as fraudulent claims or the use of stolen payment card details. In this case we will record details of the suspected criminal activity and may take appropriate action, including refusing to accept orders, make payments or give refunds. We may also report the incident to the relevant bank or payment card issuer or to the police or other appropriate authorities.
See below for details of how we may use your personal information.
You can visit and browse our website without providing your name or contact details.
Like many websites, our server logs capture details of your operating system, browser software, IP (Internet Protocol) address and Uniform Resource Locator (URL), including the date and time of your visit.
You may choose to provide your contact details (name, address, business, job title, email address, telephone number) if you do any of these things:
· Shop online (either as a guest or using your account)
· Sign up for news and offers
Separate terms and conditions may apply when you open an account or if you decide to participate in a competition so please make sure that you read them at the relevant time.
If you purchase products or services from us, we may use your personal information in the following ways.
Enquiries and Information:
· to answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested;
· to keep track of sales and enquiries
· to keep you informed about our products and services
· to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services;
· to provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers
Orders and Account Management:
· to process your order
· to help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
· to manage deliveries, returns and refunds
· to manage your credit account (if applicable) including carrying out credit checks
· to contact you for your views on our products and services
· to publish trends and/or to improve usefulness and content of our website
· to track activity on our site and to provide a more personalised online experience
· for product liability purposes
· to deal with enquiries and complaints
· for claims management and insurance purposes
· for general record keeping purposes
If you supply products or services to us, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
· for order processing and management;
· to manage deliveries, installations, returns and refunds;
· for product liability purposes;
· to manage your account, including conducting credit and other background checks where applicable;
· for market research purposes;
· to notify you about important changes or developments to our websites or services;
· for supply chain management;
· to deal with enquiries and complaints;
· for claims management and insurance purposes; and
· for record keeping purposes.
If you are a supplier and you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please contact the Commercial Team or your usual business contact.
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been. We may use a number of different techniques to do this:
We never see or store your payment card details. This helps us build a complete picture of all the things people buy from Shelving Superstore.
We monitor which customers redeem vouchers using a code that makes the offer personal to you.
If you sign up to receive updates or have bought or enquired about our products or services, we may use the information we collect to let you know about our other products and services which may be of interest to you and to keep you updated with information about promotional offers and what is coming soon.
If you leave items in your shopping basket on our website without completing a purchase, we may send you an email to follow up and ask if you need any help with your order.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting our customer services team through one of the options on our “contact us” page https://www.shelvingsuperstore.co.uk/contactus . or, if you have an online account with us, you can update your marketing choices on your account. See Your Rights below for more details.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed for the legitimate business purposes described above.
If you are a visitor to the website, we will retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so.
If you make a one-off purchase, we normally keep records of the transaction for 7 years. If you are an account customer or a supplier, we normally keep records for 7 years after the closure of your account or the last purchase or sale you made. In all cases, this is for accounting, tax and product liability purposes.
Your information may be retained for longer than this if there are valid legal grounds for us to do so, for example if required by law or court order, or as needed to defend or pursue legal claims.
We are committed to safeguarding the personal information you provide to us. We use appropriate measures to protect the information that you submit through our website and the information we collect and store about our customers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
If you have created an account or registered to use any online services, your account details may be password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and to sign out once you have finished browsing.